Physical access control for the Media and Publishing Industry
Managing security for a media or publishing company can be a complex challenge. You may need to control access to hundreds of locations around the world, and take into account the needs of a large variety of brands or companies within your group. You’ll be dealing with high volumes of people, some of whom may be high profile and so need higher levels of security. And you’ll need to protect valuable information as well as people, places and possessions.
Typical access control needs
- Able to cope with high volumes of complex authorisations.
- Easy to use, adapt and integrate with other systems.
- Flexible security levels, including high-security settings.
- Centralised control and remote management.
- A futureproof system that scales up easily and seamlessly.
Need to secure property in the media and publishing sector?
Check out our case studies for customer experiences.
Key access control challenges for the media and publishing sector
Complex, high-security needs
You may have tens of thousands of employees, use high numbers of contractors and welcome hundreds of visitors each day. Some of these people may be famous, which can cause extra security concerns. And the spaces you need to control access to might range from filming studios to dressing rooms, meeting rooms, offices, cafeterias and more. So you need an access control system that can easily manage complicated, fluctuating authorisations, and high-security scenarios, without compromising user experience or security.
Integration with other systems
Access control only forms part of your security infrastructure. You need the flexibility to integrate a whole host of other systems and technologies. That might include HR software to ensure authorisations update automatically, visitor management to provide a friendly, efficient welcome – especially for VIPs, or facial recognition to increase security. You might want to integrate intrusion detection, badge printing, mobile access, wireless doors, lockers and more. So you don’t want to be locked in to the technology provided by one vendor.
Global unification and futureproofing
You have sites in multiple locations, perhaps in many countries. And you may have several brands and companies within your umbrella group. To enable a streamlined approach, and to prevent vulnerabilities, you want to unify and centralise your global security. You also want a system that can adapt and scale easily and quickly, as your needs change and as external factors bring about new risks or demands.
How AEOS helps you meet your challenges
- Manage complex access rights and authorisations quickly, easily and securely.
- Monitor where people are at any time and how your system is being used.
- Take full control of traffic flow, including vehicles as well as people.
- Ensure the highest levels of security, where needed, including functions such as anti-pass back and the four-eyes principle.
- Predefine access modes for an unlimited variety of scenarios, including emergencies, and switch to the one you need in seconds.
- Integrates seamlessly with your IT infrastructure and third-party systems, thanks to architecture based on open standards.
- Creates an easy-to-manage hub for systems including visitor, locker and building management, video surveillance, intruder alarms, fire detection, biometric identification and more.
- Works with hardware from a wide range of manufacturers.
- Highly adaptable, both functionally and operationally, to meet your changing needs and risks.
- Software updates provide support for the latest technologies, features and security.
- Ensures long-term value as it can meet your future needs, whatever they may be.
Control access rights remotely and monitor all locations centrally.
A fully scalable system, it’s easy to add new locations, doors, users and functionality around the world.
Secured by the highest standards to protect your access control from the impact of cyberattacks.