Physical Access Control for Finance
In the finance sector, your security system plays a key role in preserving your integrity and reputation. It must be watertight to protect your clients’ interests and ensure their confidence in you. And it must support you in complying with numerous laws, regulations and ethics.
But this needn’t be complex. The right access control system can help you easily manage risks and control the flow of people and information – at all your locations around the world.
Typical access control needs
- Automatic authorisation management.
- Enable strict procedures and auditing.
- Increase efficiency while minimising risk.
- Easy to use and integrate with other systems.
Need to secure property in the finance sector?
See our case studies.
Key access control challenges for the finance sector
High levels of trust and transparency needed
As the financial industry relies heavily on relationships, a solid reputation is essential for business continuity. You must have complete trust in your access control system so your customers can trust you.
To achieve the right security levels, you may have to enforce procedures such as anti-pass back and chief first and use a variety of identifiers, including biometrics. And, as cybercrime rises, you’ll need an access control system with sufficient cybersecurity protection.
Increasingly strict legislation means your system must also be transparent with powerful reporting and traceability. So you can easily audit, review and spot check.
Fast-changing risks and disparate systems
Your needs or the risks you face may change quickly. So your access control system must be highly adaptable, enabling you to respond swiftly and proactively. Operating a range of standalone, unconnected systems can limit this adaptability and lead to errors and needless administration.
To ensure high levels of security and efficiency, systems such as intrusion detection and video management should be integrated with your access control system. And to maximise your access control system’s value, you want to integrate visitor management, parking and lift systems, locker management, your HR database and more.
Balancing standardisation with micro-level control
Having standardised security systems and policies, that are centralised and managed via one software platform, is invaluable. It means you can easily enforce global security policies and make instant changes across each location.
But you also need the flexibility to make changes at a local or individual level. You may need to enforce procedures such as Chinese walls, for example, to prevent conflicts of interest. Or you might want to authorise some people to have access to filing cabinets while others in their department don’t – and check exactly who’s accessed them and when.
How AEOS helps you meet these challenges
- Control, monitor and report on where people are at any time and how your system is being used.
- Manage complex authorisations and zoning quickly, easily and securely.
- Workflows simplify the approval of access rights and enable easy auditing.
- Enforce a wide range of policies and procedures to ensure compliance with strict legislation.
- Open architecture enables easy integration with IT infrastructure and third-party security systems.
- Improves hospitality by integrating with visitor management, parking and lift systems.
- Instant, automatic updates to access rights through integration with systems such as your HR database.
- Improves locker management efficiency by allowing flexible locker use.
Flexible high security
- Control access according to factors such as job roles, departments, days, times, locations and more.
- Can be easily adapted to respond to your changing needs and risks.
- Authenticate and verify identity via multiple identifiers, including biometrics and QR codes.
- Spot emerging security trends and risks so you can manage them better.
- End-to-end security options to secure every element of your system.
Control access rights remotely and monitor all locations centrally.
Freedom to easily adapt, expand and add integrations to your system.
Secured by the highest standards to protect your access control from the impact of cyberattacks.