Physical access control for Data centres
We’re all shifting to a much more digital world, which means storing data safely has become a critical issue – you need a flawless security system. But despite data centres being digital in nature, one of the biggest challenges relating to them is the human element. You need to ensure a welcoming setting and efficient people flow, even while meeting the very highest standards of security and safety.
Typical access control needs
- Ability to cope with complex authorisations
- Compliance with a wide variety of regulations and policies
- Enforce stringent procedures and auditing
- Easy to use, adapt and integrate with other systems
- Security that scales up seamlessly
Need to secure one or more data centres?
Check out our case studies for customer experiences.
Key access control challenges for data centres
High security without holding people up
As you’re protecting data that may be highly confidential, you need to ensure your processes are stringent, so people can only enter the spaces they’re authorised for that day. And you need to check and document that people have left the zone or building once their authorisation period ends. You may have contractors visiting regularly, but on behalf of different clients, which further complicates access permissions and audit reports.
All of this, and you still want to ensure that visitors and contractors aren’t kept waiting for a receptionist to register them and issue their badge. And you want to keep everyone safe if there’s an incident.
Flexible, centralised control
If you have more than one data centre, you’ll want to establish central control and a standardised approach. This makes it easier to ensure critical security levels, while also making budgeting, planning and management more straightforward. And it ensures visitors get the same familiar experience at each of your data centres.
At the same time, you may need to comply with a variety of different regulations for different countries and industries, as well as individual clients’ different demands. And you’ll need to provide detailed reports across the board, showing who gained access where and which verification process took place.
Adaptability and ease of use
To meet your complex security needs, your physical access control system must be highly adaptable. You may need it to integrate with your existing systems as well as any new technologies you decide to adopt. It’s likely, for example, you’ll want to use biometric authentication to add an extra layer of security.
You also want your system to scale easily so you can add new centres. And you want it to be user friendly and intuitive, so you can ensure convenience and efficiency as well as maximum security and safety.
How AEOS helps you meet your challenges
High levels of security and safety
- Manage complex authorisations and zoning quickly, easily and securely.
- Control, monitor and report on where people are at any time and how your system is being used.
- Predefine access modes for an unlimited variety of scenarios and switch to the one you need in seconds.
- End-to-end security – every element of your AEOS system, and communication between those elements, can be secured.
Take central control
- Standardise your system at every location, nationally and internationally, but with the flexibility to make local adaptations.
- Control access rights remotely and monitor all locations centrally.
- Open architecture enables easy integration with IT infrastructure and third-party systems such as visitor management, CCTV, fire detection, biometric identification and more.
Flexible and easy to use
- Easily adapts to your changing needs and risks – both functionally and operationally.
- Manage and keep track of an unlimited number of contractors and visitors.
- Stay in control wherever you are via a user-friendly web app.
- Manage complex processes with efficient workflows and set time-consuming tasks to run in the background.
Freedom to easily adapt, expand and add integrations to your system.
A fully scalable system, it’s easy to add new locations, doors, users and functionality around the world
Secured by the highest standards to protect your access control from the impact of cyberattacks.