Physical Access Control for Industrial Manufacturing
In this sector, the priorities for access control focus as much on health and safety as they do on security. You need to adhere to numerous strict regulations and laws, which often change from country to country. And you have to manage high volumes of staff, contractors, visitors and vehicles. You want to have central control but need the flexibility to make local adaptations.
Typical access control needs
- Remote, centralised control for locations around the world.
- Enforce strict safety procedures and enable transparent auditing.
- Workflows that increase efficiency while minimising risk.
- Access control for vehicles as well as people.
- A system that’s easy to use and integrate with other systems.
Need to control access in the industrial manufacturing sector?
See our case studies.
Key access control challenges for industrial manufacturing
Health and safety are top priorities
As manufacturing facilities are often hazardous environments, the health and safety risks can be high. If production staff are inexperienced, or have a less stringent approach to safety, these risks can increase.
Your access control system must enable compliance with an increasingly wide range of regulations and standards. So you can control occupancy levels, for example, and ensure the right ratio of first aiders per zone. You may need to enforce rules such as manager first. And you need predefined emergency responses that can be triggered quickly and automatically, and the ability to analyse your access control data and produce clear, detailed reports.
High flow of contractors, visitors and vehicles
If your production staff work in shifts, you’re likely to have high volumes of people flow at specific times. This may include contractors, subcontractors and visitors. And, as health and safety regulations can involve lots of administration, you need workflows and processes that help you improve efficiency and avoid queues and bottlenecks.
Another traffic flow challenge is managing vehicle access. Checks must be stringent, but you also need to maintain throughput to avoid causing delays.
Central control with legacy, third-party and future systems
You want to centralise access control at all your locations to enable standardised policies and processes, make management easier and control costs. But you may need to integrate your new system with a variety of existing, perhaps dated, hardware or software.
You also need authorisations to connect with your time and attendance, HR and health, safety and environmental systems. And you want your access control system to integrate seamlessly with other systems you have, or may choose to add in the future, such as flexible locker management, PSIM, biometrics and number plate recognition.
How AEOS helps you meet these challenges
Ensure safety and compliance
- Take full control of traffic flow and occupancy, even when there are large volumes of people.
- Monitor where people are at any time and how your system is being used.
- Enforce policies and procedures to ensure full compliance with strict regulations and legislation.
- Manage complex access rights and authorisations quickly, easily and securely.
- Predefine access modes for an unlimited variety of scenarios and switch to the one you need in seconds.
Centralised, integrated and adaptable
- Control access to all sites on one system and manage it remotely.
- Standardise each location but have the flexibility to make local adaptations.
- Seamless integration with your IT infrastructure and third-party systems.
- Connects easily to systems including visitor management, locker management, fire detection, intruder alarms, video surveillance and biometric identification.
- Highly adaptable, both functionally and operationally, to respond to your changing needs and risks.
- Streamlined access control for vehicles as well as people.
Efficient to use and manage
- Intelligent and intuitive so it’s easy for everyone to use, including cardholders, receptionists, guards, and security managers.
- Increased productivity and convenience.
- Prevents queues, delays and bottlenecks.
Easy reporting and auditing
Produce detailed or top-level reports quickly, or even automatically, on specific queries or incidents.
A fully scalable system, it’s easy to add new locations, doors, users and functionality around the word.
Secured by the highest standards to protect your access control from the impact of cyberattacks.