Physical access control for Pharmaceuticals
The pharmaceutical sector faces a high level of intricate needs for physical access control. Your research and development facilities need robust security to protect intellectual property. You need to track attendance at production facilities and be able to respond to any incidents quickly and safely. And logistics need controlled but efficient access for high-value or hazardous goods.
You also need to ensure compliance and be able to audit easily. And it’s as important to protect your organisation’s reputation as it is to protect physical assets.
Typical access control needs
- Flexible security levels, including high-security settings.
- Enable strict procedures and transparent auditing.
- Easy to use and integrate with other systems.
- Efficient, streamlined workflows.
Need to secure property in the pharmaceutical sector?
Check out our case studies for customer experiences.
Key access control challenges for the pharmaceutical sector
A wide variety of security and safety needs
Your physical security system must help to protect your ideas, patents and reputation, as well as your physical development work and production lines. So access rights and zoning need to be detailed and strict. You may need identifiers for high-security verification and have to enforce procedures such as the four-eyes principle or manager first.
Safety is another key concern. So a proactive, even predictive, data-based approach to access control is preferable. You need to control occupancy levels according to each scenario or zone and ensure the right ratio of first aiders to occupants. And you need emergency procedures that can be triggered quickly and automatically.
Strict compliance and auditing standards
Your compliance requirements are strict and complex with a wide range of legislation, regulations and standards to meet. You need workflows that streamline the approval of access rights. And they must enable visitors and contractors to be admitted efficiently during peak times, despite extensive health and safety requirements.
Auditing is another time-consuming but essential task. So you need transparent processes that enforce procedures and provide easy traceability. And you need to be able to easily create reports on any aspect of access control or security incidents.
Complex combinations of systems in use
You IT environment is likely to be mature, with a wide variety of software and systems in use. This may include time and attendance monitoring, visitor management, biometric identification, lockers and health, safety and environmental systems. Your access control system must integrate easily with these other technologies and provide centralised control of data and access rights. And migrating to any new system must be straightforward, causing no downtime.
How AEOS helps you meet your challenges
Ensure high levels of safety and security
- Manage complex access rights and authorisations quickly, easily and securely.
- Monitor and control where people are at any time and how your system is being used.
- Enforce policies and procedures to ensure full compliance with strict regulations and legislation.
- Predefine an unlimited variety of access modes and switch to the one you need in seconds.
Integrates and adapts easily
- Seamless integration with your IT infrastructure and third-party systems.
- Connects easily to systems including visitor, locker and building management, video surveillance, intruder alarms, fire detection, biometric identification and more.
- Highly adaptable, both functionally and operationally, to respond to your changing needs and risks.
- Enables streamlined access control for vehicles as well as people.
Efficient to use and manage
- Easy and intuitive for receptionists, security managers, guards and cardholders.
- Allows a warm welcome, while ensuring efficiency and high levels of security.
- You can produce detailed or top-level reports on specific topics or incidents quickly and even automatically.
Control access rights remotely and monitor all locations centrally.
A fully scalable system, it’s easy to add new locations, doors, users and cardholders.
Secured by the highest standards to protect your access control from the impact of cyberattacks.