The facts and figures
About EDF Energy
EDF Energy is an integrated energy company in the United Kingdom founded in 2002, with operations spanning electricity generation and the sale of gas and electricity to homes and businesses throughout the United Kingdom. It employs 13,331 people and handles 5.7 million customer accounts.
450 online doors
15.000 + identifiers
The key objective of the project was to implement a single secure access control solution, to replace the obsolete access control systems in use, across the corporate estate.
- Replace multiple legacy systems with a single, up-to-date access control solution that supports open standards
- Ensure compliance of their internal access control processes for regulated sites
- Provide a single access control pass, with enhanced encryption, that satisfies all relevant security standards
- Ensure that access control passes support managed print
- Enable reporting of individuals’ access transactions across the corporate estate
- Prevent unauthorised access and prevent abuse of the limited access to the site by non-vetted personnel
“Discussing with the client we discovered the driver behind the project was as much about having an integration into their SAP HR system for an automated process for joiners, movers and leavers, as it was to have a centralised system and one access card across the estate. Other features such as scenario activation enabled quick responses such as lockdown with pin activation for high-risk sites were appealing for them. Full encryption also had a major influence on the project and spoke about our experience of working towards the CPNI accreditation requirements.”
Oliver Lacey | Business Development Manager Nedap