Our AEOS Access Control is NPSA-certified. But what does this mean and should you consider an NPSA-certified access control system for your organisation?
What is NPSA?
NPSA stands for National Protective Security Authority and is the UK government’s National Technical Authority for physical and personnel protective security. The National Protective Security Authority is evolved from what was formerly known as the Centre for the Protection of National Infrastructure (CPNI), having absorbed the responsibilities of the CPNI. NPSA is a part of the Security Service, MI5, and maintains its expertise in counter-terrorism as well as state threats.
The National Protective Security Authority has one clear mission: To make the United Kingdom less vulnerable and more resilient to national security threats. The NPSA has expanded their reach to a wider, more diverse range of people and sector including science and technology, public places, research and academia, as well as critical national infrastructure.
Why do you need NPSA-approved physical security?
UK sites classified as critical infrastructure, where deep encryption standards are paramount, can deploy the approved physical security. An NPSA-certified automatic access control system has an intrinsic level of protection that is obtained as a result of an assurance process.
NPSA evaluates both systems and components for inclusion in the Catalogue of Security Equipment (CSE). Two NPSA classification systems, Class Rating and Protection Level are used depending on the nature of the asset and the threat. Assets can contain people, buildings, equipment or information.
Why select AEOS when choosing a NPSA-approved access control system?
The key benefits of choosing AEOS access control:
- AEOS is already a GOVPASS certified access control system (more info on GOVPASS found here).
- An extensive network of certified partners to support the implementation and maintenance of AEOS systems
- Highly scalable: With AEOS, you can expand gradually with different integrations. The architecture is designed to scale with your organisation’s needs.
- Always up-to-date: AEOS software updates ensure support for the latest technologies, features, and security.
- End-to-end physical access control solution from the door to the server cluster, for optimal cybersecurity.
Need to secure a risk-critical site in the UK?
AEOS allows you to integrate systems such as video management systems, biometrics, elevators, key cabinets, PSIM and wireless locks.
- AEOS central server application software
- AEOS Blue Door Controller (module)
- AEOS Blue I/O Interface (module)
- SAM for AEOS Blue door controller
- Invexs card reader with keypad and screen
- Invexs card reader with keypad
- Convexs card reader
Speak to Michael Lee, expert about NPSA Compliance.